Limited Scope Services
Robinson Sookdeo Law is available to assist you on a limited basis. You retain control over your case and are responsible for all decisions. The attorney does not sign papers on your behalf. The attorney does not become your attorney of record with the court. You simply choose to hire an attorney for specific services. You choose from a menu of services that could include:
- Legal advice;
- Review of agreements prepared by the other party and/or their attorney;
- Advice about alternative means of resolving the dispute, such as mediation or arbitration;
- Guidance and procedural information for filing and serving documents;
- Review of pleadings and other documents you have prepared;
- Suggest documents for you to prepare;
- Drafting of pleadings, motions, or preparation of other documents;
- Legal research and analysis;
- Discovery, including, interrogatories, depositions, and requests for document production;
- Planning for negotiations;
- Planning for court appearances; or
- Standby telephone assistance during negotiations or settlement conferences.
Clients can sometimes handle the more routine, simple matters with the guidance of an attorney’s limited services. However, once the limited services have been performed, if you fear that you cannot adequately represent yourself, you can later retain the lawyer to represent you in all aspects of the case. The lawyer would then substitute in and become the attorney of record.
To set up your consultation, contact Robinson Sookdeo Law.